Wednesday, July 20, 2011

this is where I belong

It is funny (and sad, actually) to think that I can’t remember what happened after my last blog post. I literally had to pull up my Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts, scroll back to May to figure out what has happened in my life.

Even after researching my own life, I was so clueless that I had to also text my best friends: Kellie-Anne and B. to see what they could remember. After complying sorting through miscellaneous events, I decided that I will list a few things, explain a few things, and post some awesome pictures.

Before I start, I would like to mention that I finally switched the blog to format into an easier layout for mobile devices. No more awkward scrolling, zooming and seeing things cut off by the sidebar. Also, this post is going to be only May. June Doom and beyond is something you should expect either later tonight or tomorrow.

To make this update a little easier on me, I will post some Notable May Moments from the social media accounts I mentioned instead of trying to write out how May had gone for me by trying to write story after story. It also helps me with remembering how the month actually went instead of trying to make a list of events that happened within the last few months.

I am a horrible story teller. I am also really bad about keeping events in chronological order. That makes me an even worse story teller. Ask my friends.. They know.

Sunday, May 1st:
My last blog was posted on the website and Military Appreciation Month starts at my place of employment. I like to mention that here because I don’t think that our nation’s military is not thanked enough for risking their lives and protecting us from the bad guys. Thank you all for keeping us safe, being awesome and continuously showing our nation real heroism.

Thank you, Kellie-Anne, for being in the Air Force, participating in this challenge with me while being so busy on base and working a unreal amount of hours per week. You do that so gracefully on top of being an amazing emotional support and the best friend anyone could ever ask for. I cannot express my thanks for your understanding my sicknesses and how they effect us as a team. You're the most incredible team player that I have ever seen and I can't even tell you where this would be without you. I love you. You're phenomenal. <4

Thank you, Nicholas, for currently serving in Iraq, kicking ass and always making sure that I know that there is nothing else that I can do but my best. You've been the best support system. Even though you're a few thousand miles away and your life is in constant danger, you always make me smile and you force me to realize that I can do this. Thank you keeping me level-headed and for keeping me safe here. Also, happy birthday in FOUR OHIO DAYS!! Right now you're already at three Iraq days, but I am more excited when I can say it in Eastern Timing and in Asia/Baghdad Timing as well! I can't wait until you're safe at home and I can mail you (and Kellie-Anne's) birthday package(s)!

I wish I could thank all of you personally (Aaron, Heather, Devon, Adam, Frank, Cris, Daniel, John…) but I would honestly just be doing that forever.

Wednesday, May 4th, 2011:
8:22 AM via Facebook, “Fun fact: I've only seen one Star Wars movie, and it was the last one.. I don't know what the last one is, but happy Star Wars day!! For all of you, I will play with my light saber app and cut all of the old people in half at the doctor’s office!”

I was at the doctor’s office for an asthma check-up. After all of what happened before all of this, I really needed it. It went well and I believe that I got a new inhaler, was written a prescription for steroids and a few different medications to help with my allergies since I was feeling under the weather.

Saturday, May 7th, 2011:
I ran/walked/chased Max for 2.40 miles and filmed an incredibly funny video that you can watch here: Sausage Dog vs. Asthma Girl.

In the middle of May, B. and I would walk around Chardon for about four miles a night. It was my way to catch up on the miles that I had missed because I was previously sick. I would come home from work; we’d do thirty minutes on the elliptical at the gym, cool down and go on that massive walk. Sometimes we’d walk five-or-so miles, sometimes just a short two mile walk, but sometimes we ended up at Sheetz and we’d snack on some macaroni bites. Either way, it was a glorious part of May. I loved it and I miss that a lot.

I also loved the nights that I would stay at my dad’s house, so I could wake up early and take Max on these really long walks. My poor sausage dog isn’t used to walking that far so I had to condition him to the miles that we put in by intentionally taking him places that he did not recognize so he wouldn’t quit on me and completely stop walking. He would literally just sit down and stop walking and I would not notice and keep going and trip on his leash because he pretty much anchored me to the ground by sitting. He is hilarious.

Soon enough I had him walking an easy five miles and he started to run down the hills with me and then run up the hills and keep me going. I had to stop walking him in flip flops and slip on shoes because he would randomly start running and I would have to keep up. My dog isn’t that big, but I am not that strong so if he got excited and started to run, I would have to run in what I had gone on the walk in. It is not easy to fun a nine-minute-mile pace in hard-sole flip flops. It also hurts when you stop running in hard-sole flip flops. For a few days...

During these walks with Max, I started to miss my village, my lake, my dog, my father and the place that I grew up in and the people that were in it. I even considered how much easier it would be to run the routes there because I wouldn’t have to worry about cars hitting me and the terrain was pretty much flat. I wouldn't have to constantly run the flat pavement either because the village contains a few hills that I could train on if I needed to or felt up to it. It also has sidewalks that don’t randomly end and people will slow their cars if they see a runner as a courtesy instead of trying to scare the crap out of them..

After that day I decided if he was going to run, I would prepare to run with him.

Sunday, May 15th 2011:
6:38:13 AM via Instagram, "Seeing my lighthouse on a morning run with Max. #homesick @ Fairport Beach"



7:21:57 AM via Instagram, "More of our morning walk. I feel like this us a Mother's Day re-do picture."


7:06 AM via Facebook, "Early morning walks with Max are so amazing until you get splashed by the crashing waves of an angry lake. Then it's just cold and there is a lingering smell of fish that is Max and I. Yum."

This is how well we did after our windy, wet, and long adventure. I feel like it was a good go for Sausage Dog and I. I hope it taught him a lesson about running away from me when we are.. running.


9:16:44 PM via Instagram, "Lazy Suday. @ Dad's House"

12:38 PM via Facebook, "My eyes are burning. Perhaps I could have used more sleep today. Oh well!"

Honestly, I should have slept. I needed the sleep and I didn't take it. It was actions like these that aided a horrible pattern that I have developed. There are nights without sleep for me. once or twice a week. It is horrible. I hate it so much because I end up so exhausted and I feel like it is ripping away all of my strength, but no matter what I do, or had done, I can't rest a single night without disruption.

I need to work harder on fighting it instead of pretending that I look cute because I don't. I look sleepy. I look sleepy and exhausted because I am sleepy and exhausted.

Monday, May 16th 2011:
6:09 PM via Facebook, “’Too tired and too hungry for life right now. Still going to the gym first #priorities :((((‘ Dedication to not collapsing my lungs. Gym legs for KA. Enlightened that I'm consistently 150lbs now.”

I text that quote to Kellie-Anne as I was sitting in the gym. I sent her my sad face picture that clearly shows off the bags under my eyes and finally got the motivation to get up and actually get inside and run. After the run I had the day prior, I was pumped to do as well as I did. When I weighed myself I remember that I was ready to cry because of after all that I had been through in April, to find out that my consistent weight was FIVE pounds less than my original goal weight.. I just felt phenomenal!

Tuesday, May 17th 2011:
I went to urgent care from work because I was having a hard time breathing. I felt great after going although I remember the doctor at Urgent Care was crazy. She yelled at me.. a lot.

1:15 PM via Facebook, “The crazy doctor lady just yelled at me. I don't even know what she said at me. She then wrote me a prescription for an allergy medicine... Am I getting the breathing treatment or...?”

If I had only known what she was thinking then I think this all could have been resolved earlier, but with her thick Russian accent, her yelling at me and making me feel like I was wasting her time and me being worried about going to Urgent Care on my lunch and how much time I was losing by going over my lunch, I didn’t bother to ask.

Lesson learned: If you have a question for the doctor, don’t let yourself feel stupid and just ask. Seriously.

Since I felt so good after getting the breathing treatment, I decided it was okay to do a little run. After debating with B. since the moment that I walked out of the Urgent Care to the time I pulled in the gym parking lot, I ran 3.41 miles in 35 minutes on the elliptical.

Lesson learned: If your best friend says that it isn’t a good idea to run after going to Urgent Care for breathing problems repetitively for eight hours straight, listen. Seriously, don’t be a jackass and listen.

This is the last time that I ran before getting sick.

Tuesday, May 17th 2011:
10:50:19 PM via Twitter, “You know, @alcnwndrlnd, he just really sucked at being awesome. That's why he's dating someone that graduated from blogger school... “

Wednesday, May 18th, 2011:
6:42:37 PM via Instagram, “B. and I heart the movies. Water for Elephants! @ Atlas Cinemas Diamond Center”

8:39:21 PM via Twitter, “Just watched Water for Elephants with @alcnwndrlnd. What a phenomenal movie. Even with the credits rolling, no one has moved.”

You can make fun of B. and I all you want, but that movie was phenomenal and is actually one of the first times that I have liked Reese Witherspoon's acting since.. well.. ever. I even bought the Threadless shirt, A Happy Place, because it reminded me of the movie and how B. will feed me just because I look hungry and she was legitimately getting irritated by my stomach rumbling. Love her. Haha.

Thursday, May 19th, 2011:
7:52:42 AM via Twitter, “Waitafreakingminute, @alcnwndrlnd, when the hell have hipsters ever skateboarded????”

7:25:08 PM via Twitter, “You left me so I shot you!" #quotesfromtoday"

An awesome dream lead to awesome explanations on why I do the things that I do. I think his lesson was learned. He will never leave me to be eaten my myself while I am carrying a bb gun during a zombie apocalypse.

7:25:08 PM via Instagram , “New bangs and the girl that hacked them. @ Home!”

None of these have anything to do with the project or running but I figured if I was updating you on the month, you might as well know that I have zombie dreams and I got my bangs cut.

Saturday, May 21st, 2011:
7:53 AM via Facebook, "I always like being up this early until I realize that I am no longer sleeping. :("

8:48 AM via Facebook, "It's the end of the world as we know it and I'll be fine."

10:01 AM via Facebook, “To seek revenge on the old people glaring at me in the doctors office to giggling, I cut them in half with my light saber.”

I don't want you to think that I just slice old people in half with light sabers for nothing. I sent Nick a package and he received and opened it while I was waiting to be seen at the doctor's office. I was ECSTATIC that he got it because I thought the contents of the package were awesome. That and because I haven't seen him that happy in a while. I clearly made his day and that is why I was giggling. The giggling alerted the elders in the room that there were intruders and they started to glare at me. That is why I was forced to cut them in half.

This is also the day that I knew I was getting really sick. Unfortunately, I don't think I brought that up until June when I was like, "Oh hey, got this thing, I don't feel good, I can't breath and it wont go away." I vocalize everything with my PCP and I have NO IDEA how this did not come up. What a large failure on my part.

1:57 PM via Facebook, "I want this drive home to be like teleportation... Instead, there's a crap ton of traffic.."

6:21:35 PM via Twitter, “This is @alcnwndrlnd and I surviving the #rapture / #theendoftheworld.”
Self Notation: This was our Skype Date day.

Sunday, May 22nd, 2011:
1:33 AM via Facebook, “I've been practicing my wink and now I need someone to try it out on...”

3:28 AM via Facebook, “I like to snuggle with my best friend and talk about the most amazing things that are completely non-productive but aren't a waste of time. AKA I don't know if we’re going to sleep... “

Tuesday, May 24th, 2011:
1:12:20 via Twitter, “I feel like after all of the holiday hours and overtime I picked up over the next two weeks, I should be rich, but I'll just be less in debt”

I started to pick up a lot of overtime at work. It was getting to the point where they were offering so much and I would take it but then I would be too exhausted for the next few days. I would be doing fifty-five/sixty hours a week so I could catch up on my bills, and apparently miss an abundance of sleep.

It wasn't fun and I missed seeing my friends and talking with the boy and having a freaking life but the money was needed and I figured the sleep could be caught up on later. This is how I pushed myself into exhaustion a few months ago because of all of the miles I was trying to put in and was obviously not ready for.

Why am I repeat offender for my health?

3:44 PM via Facebook, “Rebecca saw the sign... I'm officially bringing back the Razor Scooter Summer.”

10:55:00 PM via Instagram, “Rearranged the old room a little. Maybe I can make it into my new room. @ Dad's Home”

Wednesday, May 25th, 2011:
8:31:10 PM via Instagram, “Took this on the way home from work”


Thursday, May 26th, 2011:
1:00:44 PM via Twitter, “I should be rich after this next check.... Seriously. Haha”

If anyone was wondering, I wasn't rich. I am glad I saved some of the money because I had no idea that I was going to actually need it after a few weeks.

Friday, May 27th, 2011:
12:29:13 PM via Instagram, “Old room at Dad's house. #nopantsfriday @ Dad's House”


Tuesday May 31st, 2011:
7:23:13 AM via Twitter, “My body does not want to get out of bed. I have to work 8:30-7:30. I will never see the sun. #exhausted #summerfail”

I wish I knew exactly what kind of a #summerfail I was going to have. I wish I knew I would continuously have these problems during this summer and most likely continue them during a portion of the fall.

June contained one event that changed this project for both Kellie-Anne and I.

xoxo,
Angela

p.s. I hate June. Nothing good ever happens to me in June. Seriously. June Doom.

No comments:

Post a Comment