Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First post!

Today was a good day to take off from work. I got this blog up and running from the comfort of my couch in my pajamas. While I spent several hours working on re-writing the HTML, I never thought once on what I was going to write as the first post. It took me a minute while laying in the comfort of my own bed, still in my pajamas that I should probably tell you why were doing this and why we're blogging this adventure for everyone to see.

First, let me start off with who I am. My name is Angela and I was born and raised in a small village in Ohio that almost got blown up last week. I am a fun, nerdy, puppy-lover that has a passion for photography, music and business. I like to run, work out, play video games and sit by the lake. I love playing sports and I am very competitive so doing this running challenge is something right up my alley.

Yesterday, Kellie-Anne and I decided we were going to make a running challenge for ourselves to help us make more than a weight goal, but to create something we can look back on and be proud of. I know two miles a day does not seem like a lot, but looking at two miles a day and knowing my immune system (I have an off day today because I have strep throat) makes me kind of nervous. It made me look at the long run and what kind of challenges were going to face doing this.

During the 255 days that I have to run 555.5 miles, what if I get sick again? I'm going on vacation for a week in July, am I going to get up and run then? I am moving to Chicago at the end of August to go to school, probably. What am I going to do during those moving days? How am I going to adjust to running in the city? How am I going to fit it into my life when I have a job and school work?

The reason why were blogging is because not only would we like to watch our own progress, but we would also like the encouragement from our friends and family. This a great challenge and I think it would be great for everyone to watch us struggle to do this and overcome the obstacles that we come across. It will also allow everyone to watch us change our lifestyles and become healthy.

For us, it's not just about the run, but the experience we will have doing this together. We will be changing our lives together, and we want to share that with you.

xoxo,

Angela

1 comment:

  1. 11:11 looks nice.....big challenge, but I think you are determined enough to do it! Good luck, lots of love and support!
    Big Sis!

    ReplyDelete