Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I honestly feel accomplished!




We are almost through the first week of April and already this project is.. a lot to handle. I know we said we were scared, that we knew it was going to be hard, but I honestly. Honestly, just, goodness.. Running that many miles isn't what is hard. It's the working it into a routine and not killing your body. It's missing events because you know you have to run later and seeing friends sometimes takes a back seat (I'm really sorry guys!!). It's looking at the elliptical and trying not to be disappointed that I only ran 3.11 miles in thirty minutes, or even worse, being disappointed that I ran only thirty minutes in the first place! That's just crazy!

It takes me a second to realize that I ran three miles in thirty minutes.. I ran three miles in thirty minutes!! That is nothing that I could have done last year.. Even at the end of last year! I am doing great and I should honestly be more proud of myself! So what's the deal?

I know what Kellie-Anne and I have accomplished so far is phenomenal, and even the progress we have made within the last three months is more than we could have even imagined: to date, Kellie-Anne has lost 24 pounds and I have lost 26.5 since the second week or so of January? Not to mention all the miles we have already ran prior to this project and all the miles we are planned to run afterward! It just makes me honestly dumbfounded why that stinkin' word is even in my vocabulary right now!

You know the only thing I should be disappointed in is that I forgot my shoes and a sports bra today. I knew I was out of it this morning , but cripes! I am so thankful for short days! My feel are achey and my back and shoulders hurt.. I must have really had my mind thrown! I guess I shouldn't be disappointed because I still ran in my casual shoes! I mean, I didn't go far, I would never suggest running like that, and I was already late to the gym so I didn't want to keep B. waiting so I didn't go home and get my stuff, but I still worked out and that is good. Go me!


The first picture I posted is of me in my new Threadless t-shirt, the amount of miles I have ran since March 1st, and my weight as of yesterday! I broke weight goal number two! Yeah, yeah! I'm happy as a clam! So the next bench mark for me is 145, but after that I think I'll try and tone up and maintain my weight. I think I'll start making timed mile goals. I really haven't thought this out very well yet haha. I am just glad that all the hard work I've been putting in has been paying off, and hasn't been a chore! I can not explain how incredibly lucky I am to love to run! It has made running this project and losing the weight do enjoyable for me!

The second picture is my shoes I wore today to work (with my Runnin' Rhino shirt), and to work out in, my elliptical from today and my plan to make up the miles for March!

I have almost made up my miles! I am at 19.53 miles already for April and we are only supposed to be at 13.08 miles right now! So I have 6.45 miles to subtract from March's 14.36 mile mishap that brings me to watawatcha: 7.91 miles to make up! Pumped! Should be done with the March snafu by Saturday night or Sunday morning!

Oh, and "watawatcha!" it the equivalent to the normal saying of, "drum roll, please!" in Angela's noise-isms.

Oh, before I forget! Shannon is one of my greatest friends, and legitimately an amazing writer (her blog, The Writers Closet, can be read here) has started her wedding planning, including her wedding body! I am so pumped for her and I am so excited to be able to encourage her and see her fall in love with a wedding dress and make that her goal! Dfhhddyjjgssjbcj SO EXCITED! like I love puppies excited!
:O !
Regardless, I just wanted to cheer her on and let her know that I have her back! I love you, Shan Shan!

I also wanted to say to Kellie-Anne and my big sister, Wendy, that I love you both and behind every step you've been there and that's more than I could ask for! You're amazing!
Thank you Joshua for noticing my changes and continuously reminding me that I was always beautiful and you're proud of me. I don't think you read this blog, but you're an amazing dude so thanks for pulling me back to reality when I'm being silly and answering questions about why my body does what it does and why I think like I do.
B. Thanks for running with me and understanding my babble, my bitching about the sweat in my eyes and understanding why I'm sad that Sex in the City or AMC isn't on at the gym. Over! Check!
My roommates, you know you're the best.
4Square at work (Cammy/Mary/Candance), Ashley, Greer, Richard you guys notice small things and thank God I have you guys or I honest would have blown up, or have died; literally. Also, thank you for not making fun of my yoga face and making my day.. always.
Amber & Patric, what would I ever do without you?
Allison F. & Sarah R., you two always comment on my stuff and you have no idea how elated that makes me and how full that makes my heart. Sounds lammeee but I love you both and you love me, so come to my castle so we can live happily ever after. The end.

I never have to remind myself that all this work was by me because I always have you guys to keep me grounded and sane. I could have never done this alone!

Well, now that I have wrote the thank-you's for my upcoming ukulele debut... my fingers are tired from typing, my legs from running, my body from working hard and my mind from existing. Time to pack my gym bag (my sports bras and my shoes included this time!), brush my teeth, wash my face and sleep for my early rise run that I'm crossing my fingers that I can actually do!

xoxo,
Angela

The direct link to my Runnin' Rhino Threadless t-shirt that I'm wearing in the photo! I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm loving this post, and I'm loving that shirt! I'm definitely going to need to purchase one as well! MATCHSKIES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you girls are doing AWESOME! I do love the hippo shirt too Ange! So I signed up for my first run. It's a poker run, so we get to stop at different places and get a card....and rest :) I haven't tracked it yet to see how long of a run it will be but I need to step up my running game. Only really being able to run outside stinks and puts a damper on things. I checked at Achilles for a race book and they didn't get any in, so we def need to get together and figure out what we are going to do. I'm pretty sure that I'm in for these two races...Mardi Gras' 5K on 7/2/11 and the Johnnycake job on 7/17 (I think that's when it is). I'll see you soon....love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete