Saturday, April 2, 2011

One Month Down!

In a blink of an eye, it seems as if March just flew by. It's crazy to think that it's already April. It feels like just yesterday I was visiting friends in New Mexico for New Years, and now here we are -- 4 weeks away from my birthday, and one month into an eight-month running project. I can't believe that in just four weeks, I'll be 24 years old. What's even more difficult to wrap my mind around? I was updating my Project album on Facebook this morning, and I just realized that I ran 91.91 miles for the first month of this project. NINETY-ONE. With 91 miles under my belt, I've set myself ahead 24.33 Miles for the month of April. Which is a good little coushin to have since yesterday I didn't run AT ALL. I walked over to the Chaparral Fitness Center ( CFC - for short. :] SEE WHAT I DID THERE?! ) (1.5 mile walk each way) with the intentions of logging some project miles, and hitting the weight room for leg day. I absolutely LOVE working my legs. Probably to the point where it's an obsession? Whatever - Not the point. Point is : Note to self - Do not hit the weights before running ever again. I did NOT want to run. AT ALL. So I didn't. I was still happy with the 3 miles that I logged walking to and from, but March was full of so many firsts for me. Not only did I finally meet my first weight loss goal of 149, right now I'm proud to say that I'm weighing in at 146.8 as of this morning. I'm noticing that my legs are slimming down and getting more tone with the amount of miles I'm logging. I bought my first pair of single digit size pants of my adult life. That alone was almost enough to make me want to break down into tears. Me.. In a size NINE! God. Words fail when I try to put them into a coherent sentence of how excited I am about this. Like I mentioned before, We're in April - and even with the lack of updating (I'm currently working 12 hour shifts, 8a-8p and just the everyday hustle and busle that comes with Military life, juggling a relationship, friends and family - I just feel like I've neglected to write in this. For that, I'm sorry. I want to take this time to say Thank You from the bottom of my heart for everyone that follows this project. For all the Facebook comments, status likes, RT's on Twitter, and the random person who accidently ended up on this blog because Google likes to be funny sometimes - Thank you. Without your dedication to this project, I can't fully say that I would have the motivation and dedication to get up and run everyday. You guys are counting on us, and that enough is all that I need to get through the day. I have a doctors Appointment on the 15th with my PCM (Primary Care for Medical Purposes AKA Doctor, ) And I'm actually REALLY looking forward to it. I'm going to bring up the Project and seek her advice on any remedies for achey legs, knees and/or anything else I might encounter in the next seven (!!!) months. Also, I'm going to seek a referral to see a Nutritionist/Dietician. I know I'm down 23 pounds from where I started, but I want to make sure that I'm doing this the right way, and that I'm helping and not hindering myself. 23.2 pounds, and eight months down and I'm only just a small portion into this journey. I'm stoked to see where it's going to take me. As running is concerned? I'm planning on going out to Ohio this summer to see Angela, we'll probably run a race or two together, and just catch up in general. I knew that when this year started that it felt like it was going to be MY year. We're only 4 months in - but so far, it looks promising. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment